[BioC] How to do RMA on a subset of probesets (using oligo)?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:29:45 CEST 2009

I looking for ways to do RMA on only a subset of probesets on a
microarray. I use the following code to get the data from cel files.

#######
library(oligo)
cel_files = list.celfiles('data', full.names=TRUE)
data=read.celfiles(cel_files)
#######

I can get the raw data by the following code. Then, I can take a
subset of it and assige it back.

###
uncorrected_probeset_data = get('exprs', data at assayData)
####

However, I believe that 'rma()' should call, for example,
"pd.huex.1.0.st.v2" package. Just changing 'exprs' in data at assayData
would not be sufficient. I'm wondering how to modify variables in the
packages called by 'rma()'.

#####
eset=rma(data)
########