[BioC] GOstats with Reactome database?

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 19:21:20 CEST 2011

Quoting Martin Morgan <mtmorgan at fhcrc.org> on Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:11:50 -0700:

> On 08/15/2011 05:48 AM, J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> with the demise of KEGG (well, at least without subscription), I was
>> wondering whether there are any plans to get GOstats working with the
>> Reactome database, or whether there is an "easy" way to persuade GOstats
>> to work with it.
>
> Hi Jose --
>
> Yes, we intend to revise the GOstats, GSEABase, and perhaps other
> packages to work more flexibly with Reactome & other data base
> packages. Whether this will be accomplished this release is not clear.
>
> Martin
>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Jose

Hi Martin,

that's great news. I have become a bit of a fan of GOstats recently
and would love to use a similar approach with other databases.

Very grateful for all your work.

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6507090

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.