[BioC] Probe-level analysis of exon arrays using xps

Lavorgna Giovanni lavorgna.giovanni at hsr.it
Thu Aug 18 19:08:39 CEST 2011

As you guys know, there is a growing evidence showing that a probe-level analysis  (as opposed to a probeset-level or a gene-level analysis) could be useful in analyzing Exon arrays. I am currently analyzing several human exon chips (185!) on a 4 GB machine and I am using the xps package. I would like to stick to this software since it allows to manage several chips with the resources at hand and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to perform probe level analysis using xps. Also, I would be grateful if anyone could point out alternative resources to perform this job.
Thanks in advance.
Giovanni

Dai il tuo 5XMILLE al San Raffaele. Basta una firma.
Se firmi per la ricerca sanitaria del San Raffaele di Milano, firmi per tutti.
C.F. 03 06 42 80 153.
INFO: 5xmille at hsr.it - www.5xmille.org