[BioC] Unable to install packages

Heather Wick hwick at cs.tufts.edu
Fri Jul 8 00:06:07 CEST 2011

Thanks very much for your response,
Unfortunately I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough in the
innerworkings of R to understand what is being said by the link you
provided. I tried typing in some of the commands but I just get
messages saying "object not found" or "character(0)". Is there
somewhere I can find simple step by step instructions for R beginners
on how to fix this? How do I get the "auto fetch" as you described it,
to work?
I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this subject (my background is
biology, not computer science). Thanks so much,
~ Heather

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Steve Lianoglou
<mailinglist.honeypot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Heather Wick <hwick at cs.tufts.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to perform some data analysis in R using library(affyPLM)
>> but I keep getting this error message when I try to use it. For
>> example:
>>> library(affyPLM)
>>> CelData<-ReadAffy(celfile.path="~dbianc01/Lisa/TTTS/")