Debian experimental release of Alpha releases (Was: [Rd] trouble building r-devel)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Mar 22 13:14:38 CET 2005

On 22 March 2005 at 09:53, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
| <Mark.Bravington at csiro.au> writes:
|
| > I haven't been able to build yesterday's R-devel (or, as a test,
| > R-devel_2005-03-11) on Windows XP. The error message I'm getting is to
| > do with 'arithmetic.c', as shown below.
|
| Apropos: The release process for 2.1.0 has now started and we are
| putting up alpha tarballs in (e.g.)
|
| http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/R-alpha_2005-03-22.tar.gz
|
| These tarballs are made using the same procedure as we intend to use
| for the final release. It would be good if you'd try building from
| these sources (rather than the daily snapshots) so that we may catch
| any packaging errors in time.

I didn't yet find that one yesterday, so I made the usual R-devel of
2005-03-22 the first new test release.  For now, these are going into
Debian's experimental branch (so you'd need experimental as a distribution in
apt's sources.list).  I'll switch to adding them to unstable once we get a
little closer to the release.

Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers