[Rd] [R] help with read.table() function

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Jan 29 18:18:08 CET 2006

(Moved from R-help).

This comes up often enough that I'm starting to think most functions
that take filename arguments should have file.choose() as the default
value.  Then one could do

read.table()

and have a dialog box pop up in Windows, or some other prompt for a
filename in other platforms.  Are there any obviously bad side effects
from a change like this?

Duncan Murdoch