[Rd] potential Bug in R 3.5.0

Jochen Wirsing jw1085 @ending from wildc@t@@unh@edu
Sun Jun 24 20:41:09 CEST 2018

Hello,
I am using R under Win7 and Antergos. After installing R 3.5.0 I ran into
several issues regarding gfortran not working properly and packages not
installing properly when requiring dependencies (which is quite often the case
when you have to reinstall all packages for the new R version).
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the gfortran issue at the moment (occuring
under Antergos), but regarding the depency-issue, https://pastebin.com/
0nU5n3pH shows one instance of the problem, when using "tidyverse". Adding
"dependencies = TRUE" does not help. Manual installation of packages (in the
right order and if an error occurs due to missing dependencies installing
those packages first) works, but is extremely time consuming and inconvenient.

Also, knitr does not acknowledge packages, even though they are called for
(using library() in the same code chunk) and therefore cannot compile code
properly.

All this happened only after upgrading to 3.5.0 and I hope those major issues
can be fixed soon.

Thank you very much!