[Rd] missing binaries in R-devel windows snapshot 78175

Jeroen Ooms jeroen @end|ng |rom berke|ey@edu
Thu Apr 9 13:32:46 CEST 2020

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:44 PM Bravington, Mark (Data61, Hobart)
<Mark.Bravington using data61.csiro.au> wrote:

> The "r-devel snapshot build" 78175 on Windows--- a dot-exe installer--- seems to be missing a couple of files in its bin/i386 folder: Rterm.exe and Rgui.exe. Both are present in its bin/x64 folder (and in the i386 folder for current R).

I just tested this and as far as I can tell there are no missing
files. Are you sure there isn't a local problem with your system
permissions or antivirus that is removing the files?

Try to verify the md5 of the installer; some enterprise firewalls are
tampering with downloads:

  openssl::md5(url('https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/R-devel-win.exe'))
  readLines('https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/md5sum.txt.R-devel')