[Rd] Bundling MathJax

Mon Mar 14 22:02:30 CET 2022

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 10:05:18 -0400
Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com> wrote:

> The file used for display is usually a minified version of the
> MathJax source, and Debian didn't consider it close enough to source
> code to want to distribute it as FOSS.  So if the minified file is
> included with R, the original source should also be included.

Pardon my ignorance, but how much does it matter whether the file is
minified when the documentation is served over a local network? Does
JavaScript minification speed up parsing or involve other
transformations without which it would be hard or impossible to run the
code in the browser?

--
Best regards,
Ivan