[R] install problem

BORGULYA Gábor borgulya at gyer2.sote.hu
Mon Jul 14 17:49:33 CEST 2003

Dear R experts,

I am in transition to the R system from other statistical systems I was
using (SPSS, Statistica, etc.). I have used R for a few months on my
Windows PC, but now I would like to install R on a Linux box with SuSE 8.1.

I downloaded the RPM for SuSE 8.1 from the CRAN mirror.
But when I run the INSTALL script using the midnight commander it gives
the following error message:

# /usr/lib/mc/extfs/rpm run /tmp/R-base-1.7.1-1.i386.rpm INSTALL
Installing "/tmp/R-base-1.7.1-1.i386.rpm"
error: failed dependencies:
         libg2c.so.0 is needed by R-base-1.7.1-1

Could anyone tell me how to go on, where to find the missing
file/package and what to do with it?

Thank you

Gábor

--
Gabor BORGULYA MD MSc
Semmelweis University of Budapest, 2nd Dept of Paediatrics