[R] changing pen mode [or adjusting for overlapping points?]

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Tue Mar 11 22:18:39 CET 2003

Don,

Based upon that example, the code that I sent in my prior e-mail
should work and you may not even need to use jitter() in the points()
function call given the density of the scatterplot. You might try it
with and without using jitter() to see what makes sense for you.

You might also need to decide which set of points to draw first versus
second depending upon how they overlap.

Finally, you might also consider using the 'cex' argument in both
plot() and points(), which can reduce the size of the plotting
symbols. The default for par(cex) is 1.0, so you might try smaller
values.

Hope that helps.

Marc Schwartz