[R] Rcmdr X11 protocol error message

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Aug 30 17:41:10 CEST 2004

"John Fox" <jfox at mcmaster.ca> writes:

> Dear Peter and Michael,
>
> Peter: Thank you for fielding this question. Michael initially contacted me
> directly, and I suggested that he write to the list since I didn't know the
> possible source of the problem, had never seen it (either under Windows or
> Linux), and never had a report of it before.
>
> Michael: Does this problem occur only with certain Rcmdr dialogs or
> generally?
>
> I'd also be curious to learn whether anyone else has experienced this
> problem, and whether anyone has run the Rcmdr package under Mandrake Linux
> without a problem.

I can't seem to reproduce it on RH8 with R-1.9.x. I see a couple of
other quirks though:

If you bring up a dialog and click "help", you get the help window OK,
but it is not scrollable until you exit the dialog with OK or Cancel
(by which time the point is moot either way, presumably).

The "View data set" feature gets stuck in a tight loop and requires
a Ctl-C in the console to allow it to display the data and process any
events.

        -p