[R] R via ssh login on OS X?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 29 09:43:35 CEST 2004

Did you look at the notes on MacOS X in the R-admin manual (as the INSTALL
file asks)?  That would have told you why lapack failed, and I think you
should redo your build following the advice there.

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, James Howison wrote:

[...]

> then did
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME/Rinstall/ --enable-R-framework=no
> --with-x=no --with-lapack=no

Note

   --with-blas='-framework vecLib' --with-lapack

is `strongly recommended', and on some versions of MacOS X `appears to be
the only way to build R'.

> and then
>
> make
>
> This basically worked but for some reason lapack was still trying to
> build and that was failing, so I deleted it from the appropriate
> makefile and the rest of the compile went fine.  The lapack confusion
> stopped some of the recommended modules from building but I didn't need
> those (just sna which built fine from CRAN).

[...]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk