[R] XML

Fri Jan 14 23:12:36 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 15:52 -0600, Shawn Way wrote:
>   I thought I would take a look at the StatDataML package for some work
> I'm doing, but I receive the following error when starting:
>
> > version
>          _
> platform i386-pc-mingw32
> arch     i386
> os       mingw32
> system   i386, mingw32
> status
> major    2
> minor    0.1
> year     2004
> month    11
> day      15
> language R
> > library(StatDataML)
> Error: package 'XML' could not be loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> There is no package called 'XML' in: library(pkg, character.only = TRUE,
> logical = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc)
> >

> Realizing that I don't have the Package XML, I've tried to download it,
> and I cannot find the file.  Can anyone point me in the right direction,
> or at lease upload it to CRAN?
>
> Thanks...

The Windows ZIP file for package XML is available here:

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/2.0.0/

thanks to Prof. Ripley.

The current build report for the Windows packages indicates that this is
one of the packages that will not build "out of the box".

The Windows build report is here:

http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/checkSummaryWin.html

and the README file that covers this issue is here:

http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/ReadMe

HTH,

Marc Schwartz