[R] New behavior in estimable(), bug or feature?

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Apr 7 08:56:14 CEST 2006

CG Pettersson <cg.pettersson <at> evp.slu.se> writes:

> Fitting and reducing a first model for grain yield went smoothly. When I
> wanted to look at the fixed effects with estimable() I got an error
> message claiming that I was using the wrong variable names, estimable
> wanted the variable names in the form usually given by fixed.effects().

> What is happening?
> Is there a new namecheck in estimable acting a little over-enthusiastic or
> what?

Yes, estimable has change that it accepts parameter NAMES now, and this might
collide with some implicit typecasting:

Docs:
"If cm is a vector, it should contained named elements each of which gives the
coefficient to be applied to the corresponding parameter. "

Since you did not provide a runnable example, I cannot check in detail what was
wrong.

Dieter