[R] Re-binning histogram data

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Jun 9 17:38:14 CEST 2006

Charles:

To be fair ... both histograms and densityplots are nonparametric density
estimators whose appearance and effectiveness are dependent on various
parameters. Neither are immune from misleading due to a poor choice of the
parameters. For histograms they are the bin boundaries; for kde's and
friends it is some version of bandwidth.

-- Bert