[R] To improve my understanding of workspaces

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Mar 10 14:33:09 CET 2006

Other than Emacs, I use the same work habits as Adai.  An advantage of
this workflow is that almost everything is stored in text format, so it
is easy to compare different versions to see what has changed, and it
works very well with version control (I use Subversion).

The only thing I'd add to his recommendation is that you be sure to save
the scripts that produced the objects in the binary images (his
"lala.rda"), so that they can be reconstructed if necessary.  As long as
the reconstruction isn't too difficult, this means I don't need to
bother to save them in Subversion.

Duncan Murdoch