[R] R equivalent to Matlab's Bayes net toolbox

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at businessdecision.com
Tue Jul 17 21:59:01 CEST 2007

Søren Højsgaard wrote:
> Jose,
> I am not entirely sure what Matlabs Bayes net toolbox does, but I guess it implements as propagation algorithm for Bayesian networks. There is no such package on CRAN - yet - but there will be soon: I've created a package called gRbayesnet which implements the "Lauritzen-Spiegelhalter" propagation algorithm. I expect to upload it to CRAN within the next few days.

An alternative could be to extend the current R-Weka interface
from Kurt Hornik et alii

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Descriptions/RWeka.html

to include as well an interface to the Weka Bayes net package
described at

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/weka/BayesianNetClassifiers-3.5.6.pdf

library(RWeka)
?list_Weka_interfaces

describes how to register new interfaces.

HTH,
Tobias

--

Tobias Verbeke - Consultant