[R] Saving a dataset permanently in R

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 23:53:06 CEST 2007

HI:
I'm still struggling with datasets, the more I read
about it the more confussed I get. This is the
scenario... In R console|Edit|Data Editor, I can find
all the datasets available with the different
packages, So to create a new dataset in the R console
I use the following commands to create an empty data
frame.
My_Dataset <- data.frame()
My_Dataset <- edit(My_dataset)

The problem is that I can't copy my data into the
dataframe. Is there any suggestions as of how I can
transfer the data and how it can be saved so everytime
I open R the dataset would be available.?
Thanks

 Felipe D. Carrillo
  Fishery Biologist
  US Fish & Wildlife Service