[R] Make sign test show test statistics

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk
Mon May 14 13:52:45 CEST 2007

Johan,

Tests return objects of class "htest"; see ?t.test for a description.
binom.test(59,100)$statistic confirms that Ted harding is right about the test statistic; it's just the number of successes.

Steve Ellison

>>> "Johan A. Stenberg" <johan.stenberg at emg.umu.se> 14/05/2007 11:07:53 >>>
When I perform a two-tailed sign test with the following simple syntax,

binom.test(59,100)

R returns a P-value (0.088) but nothing else. As I want the result for a
one-tailed test I take P/2 = 0.044). However, the journal to which I've
submitted my results requests the test statistics, not just the
P-values. How can I make R return the test statistics?

Best regards,
Johan Stenberg, Umea University, Sweden