[R] FastICA

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:52:15 CEST 2008

I may not have been as wrong as Prof. Ripley suggested when I wrote "The
fastICA packages for Matlab and R (...) have a common origin at the Helsinki
University of Technology."

Please consider the following lines from the 'fastICA' help page (?fastICA):

   FastICA algorithm

        This is an R and C code implementation of the FastICA algorithm
        of Aapo Hyvarinen et al. (<URL: http://www.cis.hut.fi/aapo/>)
        to perform Independent Component Analysis (ICA) and Projection
        Pursuit.

So the C code base is not the same, I guess, but "The code has no connection
with Helsinki University of Technology" does not seem to be totally correct.

//  Hans Werner Borchers