[R] How to get Greenhouse-Geisser epsilons from anova?

Skotara nils.skotara at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Dec 8 12:44:57 CET 2008

Thank you for your help!
Sorry, for bothering you again..
I still have trouble combining within and between subject factors.
Interactions of within factors and D having only 2 levels work well.

How can I get the main effect of D? I have tried anova(mlmfitD, mlmfit).
With D having 3 levels I would expect the dfs to be 2 and 33. However,
the output states 84,24??

As long as the between factor has only 2 levels the between/within
interactions fit well with SPSS, but if D has 3 levels, the mismatch is
immense.
If I calculate the within effects with myma having  not 12 subjects from
one group but for example 24 from 2 groups, the output treats it as if
all subjects came from the same group, for example for main effect A the
dfs are 1 and 35. SPSS puts out 1 and 33 which is what I would have
expected.. ..