[R] simulating Gaussian Mixture Method

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 07:59:56 CEST 2008

You should not add the 3 six dimensional variables!!!

By adding them you are getting a multivariate normal variable and not a mixture!

To get a mixture with probabilities p1 for the first, p2 for the second and p3 for the third one (p1+p2+p3=1), simulate a [0,1] uniform variable X and return the first one if X < p1, the second one if p1 <= X < p1+p2 and the third one if X >= p1+p2.