[R] CITATION file with multiple citEntry(): no BibTeX produced by citation()

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Nov 17 22:42:14 CET 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Michael Friendly wrote:

> [Using R 2.8.0 / Win XP / ]
>
> I just added a CITATION file to the heplots package--- appended below.
> From the document ion for ?CITATION, there can be *one or more* calls to
> citEntry() within the CITATION file, and each should produce an object
> of class "citation".
>
> If I uncomment the second citEntry() in CITATION below and rebuild/INSTALL,
> the BibTeX entries are not produced,
>
> Did I miss something

Yes, the documentation :-)
?citation says
      If only one reference is given, the print method shows both a text
      version and a BibTeX entry for it, if a package has more than one
      reference then only the text versions are shown. The BibTeX
      versions can be obtained using function 'toBibtex' (see the
      examples below).

See for example
   citation("sandwich")
   toBibtex(citation("sandwich"))

To produce the header for the second entry, you can use the header
argument:
   citEntry(..., header = "...")

Best,