[R] sas.get() exit

Nirav Mehta niravmehta.x at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 00:46:01 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to import SAS files into R using sas.get() in Hmisc. I am
running both SAS and R on a UNIX server. I've pasted my command and
ensuing errors below:

sas.get(lib="EOG", mem="eog3pub00_1")
Error in if (status != 0) { : argument is of length zero
In addition: Warning message:
In sas.get(lib = "EOG", mem = "eog3pub00_1") :
  EOG/formats.sc? or formats.sas7bcat  not found. Formatting ignored.

I have SAS installed, and am in the directory which contains EOG,
which in turn contains "eog3pub00_1", the full name of which is
eog3pub00_1.sas7bdat.

R.Version() returns:
$platform
[1] "i686-pc-linux-gnu"
$version.string
[1] "R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)"

I was not able to find similar error messages anywhere online.

Thanks for your help!
Nirav