[R] Upgrade R program (version 2.6.2) ???

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Fri Feb 6 17:22:40 CET 2009

On Fri,  6 Feb 2009 10:41:54 -0500 (EST) Nidhi Kohli <nidhik at umd.edu>
wrote:

NK> has numerous packages that I downloaded for my research work. I
NK> want to upgrade my R program with those packages in it. Is there a
NK> way I can do this? I would appreciate if someone can help me in
NK> this issue.

A bit more information would be nice... So we can only guess which
operating system you are on. I would suppose you are on Windows since
you seem not aware of alternatives.

However on windows you could install the new R in the same directory as
the old, so that the old gets overwritten. You can specify this in the
installation procedure.

Once you have done this you can update your packackes with
update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE)
this updates the packages on your system to the current R versions
packages.

hth.
Stefan