[R] Unadulterated plot

Simon Pickett simon.pickett at bto.org
Mon Feb 16 10:20:13 CET 2009

Hi James,

What you really need to do is to check out the many freely available pdfs
for R beginners. Here is a good place to start

http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html

If I am right interpreting what you want, I think you need to create a blank
plot with no axes, axis labels etc. Try

plot(x,y,xlab="",ylab="",xaxt=NULL,yaxt=NULL,type="n")
#blank plot
points(x,y)

type "?par" into R and see how you can set parameters like this up as the
default.

Hope this helps?

Simon.