[R] Fox's algorithm?

Blair Christian blair.christian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 21:47:14 CEST 2010

I'm interested in a serial implementation of fox's algorithm for
memory management reasons.  Does anybody know if there is anything
available in R or C libraries?

[eg A %*% B is too big to allocate memory for.  I really want the
values written to disk, so I was thinking that it would be easiest to
use something like Fox's algorithm to load submatrices/blocks of A and
B iteratively, do the multiplies, write to disk, and repeat to get the
rest of the submatrices of A%*%B.  If A and B were sufficiently
sparse, I would use spam...

Best,
Blair