[R] texi2dvi problem when compiling incorrect Latex code

syrvn mentor_ at gmx.net
Wed Oct 5 11:27:30 CEST 2011

Hi Ista,

thanks for you reply.

If I understod correctly you run your R within Eclipse but as the Lunch Type
you use Rterm rather than RJ.

I changed my configuration so that R is now lunched as Rterm and NOT as RJ
and I also removed the
quite=FALSE from my configuration. Unfortunately, I still have the same
problem.
To create an error in my latex code I just typed the following: \asdasd in
one of my .tex files.
When I compile my document by hand using the Mac OS X / UNIX terminal I get
the following latex compiling output:

Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 4--7

) (../abstract.tex
Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 1--12

../abstract.tex:15: Undefined control sequence.
l.15  \asdasdas

?

It stops at the question mark and waits for user input. If I press enter it
continues and finally stops with an error which is fine.
The only problem is that if I do it in R the console does not print
everything until the question mark and therefore I cannot just
press enter to let latex finish compiling the code.

I don't know how to get around this.

Best syrvn