[R] Package check using --as-cran

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Thu Jan 3 10:33:12 CET 2013

>>> sh: de: command not found
>>> ERREUR : loading failed for ‘i386’, ‘x86_64’
>>> * removing ‘/Users/marcgirondot/Documents/Espace de travail
>>> R/Phenology/Source fit/Phenology Package/phenology.Rcheck/phenology’

Looks to me like it might be an issue with whitespace in the directory path.  In particular, "de" is the first word component after a blank above (in "Espace de travail R").

> I do not use this command de (no idea what is it !)
> I try first to simplify at the maximum the package and I get the same error.
> Then I check it on windows XP, R 2.15.2 and it works. No error.
>
> Then it seems there is a bug in CMD check path/name --as-cran in the MacosX version.

I guess you could argue that.  If whitespace isn't allowed in file path, "check --as-cran" should issue a meaningful warning; otherwise, it should work just as "check" without --as-cran does.

Best
Stefan