[R] Problem with inconsolata font (again) --- on Fedora 17 this time.

José Matos jaomatos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:43:30 CET 2013

On 2013-01-11 01:50, Rolf Turner wrote:

> Some while ago I posted a problem on this list concerning a failure of
> R CMD check on one of my packages that resulted from LaTeX being
> unable to find the "inconsolata" font.  This was under the Ubuntu OS.
>
> This was solved, thanks to advice I got from this list, basically by
> doing
>
>     sudo apt-get install texlive-fonts-extra
>
> I am now (for reasons which I won't go into) running Fedora 17, on a
> different computer.  Now LaTeX cannot find the necessary inconsolata.sty
> file.
>
> I googled around a bit, and an item I found led me to check whether I
> actually had texlive installed on my (new) system.  I hadn't!!!  So I did
>
>     sudo yum install texlive
>
> and that seemed to work.  But then the item I'd found indicated that I
> should do
>
>     sudo yum install texlive-inconsolata, texlive-inconsolata-font
>
> But I got:
>
>> No package texlive-inconsolata, available.
>> No package texlive-inconsolata-font available.
>
> I also tried
>
>     sudo yum install texlive-fonts-extra
>
> with a similar result.
>
> Can anyone give me a simple recipe as to how to get the inconsolata font
> and the associated inconsolata.sty?
>
> Thanks.
>
>     cheers,
>
>         Rolf Turner

One option is to install texlive-2012 for Fedora 17 following the
instructions detailed here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive#TeX_Live_2012_2

For Fedora 18 (that will be released next Wednesday) this is the default.

FWIW the delay in texlive update was due to the (la)tex classes auditing
that was only completed last year.

Regards,

--
José Matos