[R] Vincentizing Reaction Time data in R

Weindel Gabriel gabriel.weindel at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:50:02 CEST 2015

Bert : Thank you for your advice, it would be a little bit difficult to
do it for my master thesis but, if I want to go further with a PhD
thesis (and I do want), I would probably follow your advice and get in
touch with a statistician.

Yishin : Thank you very much for the references, I will definitively
read the papers you quote. I'm already a little bit aware of the misuses
possible with the vincentization in particular thanks to the paper of
Rouder and Speckman (2004) and it seems to fit with my design. No
problem if you want to keep the code but I have to tell you that it's
our first semester using R and the teacher surely didn't thought that we
will run out of available code with our experiment. Like John guessed
the purpose of the course was to give a first view of R to get over the
temptation of SPSS, my bad if I want to avoid biased statistics like
sample mean ANOVA's on RT.

Dan : Thank you for your tip, this sure will help but I'm quiet at the
beginning of my R skills so I hardly trust myself to do it on my own,
but I can sure give it a try.

John : I had the same assumption but my research director warned me that
I might run out of time for my first presentation by doing so but fairly
enough for my master thesis. But again like I said to Dan I'm quiet
concerned by my actual R skill.

Anyway I have to say that I'm really glad to see how much help you can
get by using the r-help mailing-list.

Regards,
Gabriel