[R] robumeta package - error

Kristina Loderer Kristina.Loderer at psy.lmu.de
Thu Sep 1 18:52:16 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to fit a simple (intercept-only) meta-analytic model using
the robumeta package using the following code:
 anx_cont_mean<-robu(formula = es_fisher ~ 1, var.eff.size =
variance_fisher, studynum = study_ID, modelweights = "CORR", rho = 0.8,
small=TRUE, data = anxiety_control)

When I try to run this model, the following error message pops up:
Error in solve.default(sumXWX) :
  system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number = 0

What exactly does this mean in the context of meta-analysis? I haven't
been able to find any answers.

Thank you,
Kristina

Kristina Loderer