[R] save R object into a remote directory

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Tue Sep 6 10:30:02 CEST 2016

Simone Tenan <tenan.simone at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I'm using R remotely via ssh connection in linux. I need to save a large R
> object from the remote server to my laptop. How can I specify the path in
> the save() function?

You are working on the remote machine and there is no way that you can
specify "out of the box" a save to client machine (I stand to be corrected).

You could mount a directory on the client on the server, but I would
suggest to

1) save the object on the server (the where R is running on)
2) use scp from the client to copy the file from the server to the
client (the one you are typing on).

scp user at host1:file1 ./TheNameOfTheLocalFile

Cheers,

Rainer