[R] building R from source on gnu version >=5.4

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 11:47:28 CEST 2016

> On Sep 7, 2016, at 1:17 AM, Chinmay Borwankar <getchinmay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>    I want to integrate R with ROOTv6.06, which requires that,
>    R be built with gcc compiler option "_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0" .
>    I am hoping that if I build R from source then there will be a way to
> do this.
>    Is there ?

Like Jeff I believe this belongs on R-devel and any followups should go there. Appears you have not yet read the Posting Guide (since you continue to post in HTML and it does have a description of suitable topics for R-devel that to my reading appears to include this question.)

https://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

The devel version of the Installation and Administration Manual has a section regarding CXX flags :

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/R-admin.html#C_002b_002b-Support

--
David,