[R] Have help list filters changed recently

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Fri Sep 9 05:29:38 CEST 2016

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 7:35 PM, Bert Gunter <bgunter.4567 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To all:
>
> r-help has been holding up a lot of my recent messages: Have there
> been any changes to help list filters that caused this? Is there
> something I'm doing wrong? -- I have made no changes  that I am aware
> of. Here's what I get:
>
> Your mail to 'R-help' with the subject
>
>    Re: [R] with and evaluation [for example]

> The reason it is being held:
>
>    The message headers matched a filter rule
>

> Best,
> Bert

Bert,

Have there been a lot of cc's in your replies?

That is one thing that will tend to trigger the spam filters. I am not sure what the threshold is and I am not sure that Martin knows, but that has bitten me in the past on R-Help. As co-moderator with Martin on R-Devel, I have seen the other side of it there.

Might also be the e-mail domain of one of the respondents in the thread.

I think that it is the ETHZ SysAdmins that tend to control the formalized spam filters and heuristics.

Regards,

Marc