[R] Apply a multi-variable function to a vector

Steve Kennedy SKennedy at AnikaTherapeutics.com
Fri Sep 9 21:44:52 CEST 2016

Hello,

I would like to define an arbitrary function of an arbitrary number of variables, for example, for 2 variables:

func2 <- function(time, temp) time + temp

I'd like to keep variable names that have a meaning in the problem (time and temperature above).

If I have a vector of values for these variables, for example in the 2-d case, c(10, 121), I'd like to apply my function (in this case func2) and obtain the result. Conceptually, something like,

func2(c(10,121))

becomes

func2(10,121)

Is there a simple way to accomplish this, for an arbitrary number of variables?  I'd like something that would simply work from the definition of the function.  If that is possible.

Thanks,

Steve Kennedy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including a...{{dropped:11}}