[R] Corrupting files while copying (was Re: saveRDS() and readRDS() Why? [solved, pretty much anyway])

Patrick Connolly p_connolly @ending from @ling@hot@co@nz
Wed Nov 14 08:35:55 CET 2018

Thanks William,

I've used Dolphin for years and never encountered that phenomenon.
Even so, that description doesn't fit what's going on here.  1.7
kilobytes is hardly a 'large directory'.

The problem seems to be with the way VirtualBox mounts directories
which isn't an R issue, nor is the fact that copying from Linux to
Windows isn't affected.  But the fact that it happens only with rds
files that use the name of the R object as part of their own names
must be an R issue (that surfaces only when other conditions are
present).

Theories short of divine intervention appreciated.

--
   ___    Patrick Connolly