[R] Nearest neighbors of a of 3D points

David L Carlson dc@r|@on @end|ng |rom t@mu@edu
Wed Feb 6 17:06:48 CET 2019

What have you tried so far? Have you installed the spatstat package and read the manual page for pp3 objects? The website spatstat.org has additional support including a quick reference guide. There are always multiple ways to do something in R, but without more details it is hard to be specific. Nearest neighbor distances are also provided in several other packages, e.g. packages FNN, distances, and RANN.

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4352

-----Original Message-----
From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Eric Leroy
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 2:37 AM
To: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: [R] Nearest neighbors of a of 3D points

Hi,

I have a text file that contains the 3D coordinates of points and I want
to plot the histogram of the nearest neighbors distance. I can import
the xyz coordinates in R and each value x, y, z is stored in a numerical
array. I discovered the nndist.pp3 function from the spatstat package
that seems to do what I want. My problem is to create a pp3 object from
the xyz values that I have.

Do you know how to do that ?

Best regards,

--

*Eric Leroy*

/Responsable de la plateforme microscopie électronique/

ICMPE - UMR 7182 - CNRS - UPEC

2/8, rue Henri Dunant

94320 Thiais

Tél : 01.49.78.12.09

Fax : 01.49.78.12.03

courriel : eric.leroy using icmpe.cnrs.fr <mailto:eric.leroy using icmpe.cnrs.fr>

Page Web : : http://www.icmpe.cnrs.fr

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]