[R] How to estimate the parameter for many variable?

SITI AISYAH ZAKARIA @|@y@hz@k@r|@ @end|ng |rom un|m@p@edu@my
Fri Jul 9 01:59:21 CEST 2021

Dear all,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Sorry for the lack of information about this problem.

Here, I explain again.

I use this package to run my coding.

library(ismev)
library(mgcv)
library(nlme)

The purpose of this is I want to get the value of parameter estimation
using MLE by applying the GEV distribution.

x <- data.matrix(Ozone_weekly2)                      x refers to my data
that consists of 19 variables. I will attach the data together.
head(gev.fit)[1:4]
ti = matrix(ncol = 3, nrow = 888)
ti[,1] = seq(1, 888, 1)
ti[,2]=sin(2*pi*(ti[,1])/52)
ti[,3]=cos(2*pi*(ti[,1])/52)

*for(i in 1:nrow(x))  + { for(j in 1:ncol(x))
the problem in here, i don't no to create the coding. i target my
output will come out in matrix that     + {x[i,j] = 1}}
                   show the parameter estimation for 19 variable which have
19 row and 3 column*

*                                                              row -- refer
to variable (station)  ; column -- refer to parameter estimation for GEV
distribution*thank you.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 at 18:40, Rui Barradas <ruipbarradas using sapo.pt> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Also, in the code
>
> x <- data.matrix(Ozone_weekly)
>
> [...omited...]
>
> for(i in 1:nrow(x))
>    + { for(j in 1:ncol(x))
>      + {x[i,j] = 1}}
>
> not only you rewrite x but the double for loop is equivalent to
>

> x[] <- 1
>

> courtesy R's vectorised behavior. (The square parenthesis are needed to
> keep the dimensions, the matrix form.)
> And, I'm not sure but isn't
>
> head(gev.fit)[1:4]
>
> equivalent to
>
> head(gev.fit, n = 4)
>
> ?
>
> Like Jim says, we need more information, can you post Ozone_weekly2 and
> the code that produced gev.fit? But in the mean time you can revise your
> code.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Rui Barradas
>

> Às 11:08 de 08/07/21, Jim Lemon escreveu:
> > Hi Siti,
> > I think we need a bit more information to respond helpfully. I have no
> > idea what "Ozone_weekly2" is and Google is also ignorant. "gev.fit" is
> > also unknown. The name suggests that it is the output of some
> > regression or similar. What function produced it, and from what
> > library? "ti" is known as you have defined it. However, I don't know
> > what you want to do with it. Finally, as this is a text mailing list,
> > we don't get any highlighting, so the text to which you refer cannot
> > be identified. I can see you have a problem, but cannot offer any help
> > right now.
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 12:06 AM SITI AISYAH ZAKARIA
> > <aisyahzakaria using unimap.edu.my> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> Can I ask something about programming in marginal distribution for
> spatial
> >> extreme?
> >> I really stuck on my coding to obtain the parameter estimation for
> >> univariate or marginal distribution for new model in spatial extreme.
> >>
> >> I want to run my data in order to get the parameter estimation value
> for 25
> >> stations in one table. But I really didn't get the idea of the correct
> >> coding. Here I attached my coding
> >>
> >> x <- data.matrix(Ozone_weekly2)
> >> head(gev.fit)[1:4]
> >> ti = matrix(ncol = 3, nrow = 888)
> >> ti[,1] = seq(1, 888, 1)
> >> ti[,2]=sin(2*pi*(ti[,1])/52)
> >> ti[,3]=cos(2*pi*(ti[,1])/52)
> >> for(i in 1:nrow(x))
> >>    + { for(j in 1:ncol(x))
> >>      + {x[i,j] = 1}}
> >>
> >> My problem is highlighted in red color.
> >> And if are not hesitate to all. Can someone share with me the procedure,
> >> how can I map my data using spatial extreme.
> >> For example:
> >> After I finish my marginal distribution, what the next procedure. It is
> >> need to get the spatial independent value.
> >>
> >> That's all
> [...]

and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual orentity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error please notify the UniMAP's Email
Administrator. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of the university. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.The university accepts no liability

Universiti
Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) | Digital Management & Development Centre (DMDC),
Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP), Pauh Putra Campus, 02600 Arau, Perlis,
MALAYSIA | www.unimap.edu.my <http://www.unimap.edu.my/>