[BioC] vsn in BioConductor 1.2

w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 18 09:35:48 MEST 2003

Hi Charles,

vsn is a normalization method that brings the different columns (colors,
arrays) of an expression matrix on the same scale. As input, it takes an
n*d matrix, with d>=2. You passed it a matrix with d=1. Apparently this
results in some of the likelihood calculations becoming singular, hence
the error message you received.

Action plan:
1. For you: read the paper on vsn, then call it with expression matrices
of size d>=2.

2. For me: fix vsn so that it throws an intelligible error message if
called with d<=1.

Best regards
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber