[BioC] Installing bioconductor under MacOsx

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu May 1 13:38:00 MEST 2003

>  > getBioC(libName="all",destdir="/Users/martinobarenco/Desktop/biocond")
> [1] "Installing reposTools ..."
> ERROR: cannot write to or create directory '/sw/lib/R/library'
> Error in upDatePkgs(relLevel, PLATFORM, destdir, method = method) :
>          Failed to install package Biobase
> What should I do?

Yeap, up until a couple of days ago reposTool was not very cooperative
when dealing with library directories that one didn't have write
permission to.

This has been fixed, but the Release 1.1 patch isn't up on the site
yet.  The devel version however does work, so you could install the devel
reposTools and then run getBioC() (or just
getBioC(relLevel="devel")).  The fix to reposTools will be on the site at
the very latest Sunday morning (I'll try to get a new build of our
release packages before that).

-J